We are proud of our 100% success rate in guiding both “traditional model” new law firms and Alternative Business Structures through the SRA application process. Whatever your business model, applying for authorisation can be a time consuming and forensic process. We project manage your application from the beginning through to obtaining authorisation and ensure that your application is complete and presented in the best possible way, potential problems are identified and rectified early and that you are able to demonstrate that you are ready and able to comply with all your regulatory obligations.
All our consultants are former SRA compliance experts and have a deep understanding of the issues which will be particularly significant in the SRA’s consideration of your application. We are therefore ideally placed to take you through the application process and to put in place bespoke compliance systems to ensure you are fully prepared for practice. We will also support you with compliance advice and assistance on an ongoing basis.
Our service covers:
- advice and assistance with drafting your business plan, financial projections and corporate structure;
- assistance with obtaining professional indemnity insurance;
- completion of FA1 – Firm Based Authorisation Application form, FA2 – Individual Approval Application forms and all other SRA application forms as required;
- calculation of application fees;
- liaison with SRA Authorisation team on your behalf;
- assistance with answers to follow up questions raised by the SRA Authorisation Officer and requests for any compliance-related documentation;
- review of compliance requirements;
- provision of bespoke compliance systems, policies and procedures to get you to the required starting point for satisfying the SRA’s regulatory requirements and other associated obligations.