Samantha qualified as a solicitor in 1992 and worked in private practice for over 10 years before joining the SRA’s Practice Standards Unit in 2003. Whilst working for the SRA, she gained substantial regulatory and compliance experience, undertaking monitoring visits to hundreds of firms, from sole practitioners to medium sized and city firms.
Whilst working for the regulator, Samantha was involved in high profile visits to assist and manage firms in the Assigned Risks Pool, thematic referral fee and new firm visits and work which contributed to the organisation’s move to Outcomes Focussed Regulation.
Samantha assists firms with:
- Compliance with the SRA Standards and Regulations;
- COLP and COFA compliance;
- Conveyancing Quality Scheme (“CQS”) accreditation and compliance;
- File auditing and reviews;
- Referral fee arrangements;
- Complaints handling advice and management;
Samantha is a member of the Law Society.